Sleeping Beauty

As Jasmine hovered over the cradle, a blast of icy air swept through the Great Hall.
Then a chilling voice rang out of nowhere. "Haven't you forgotten someone?"
Suddenly, the mean fairy Nightshade appered in a whirlwind of foul green smoke.
"How DARE you not inviteme? she roared.
"W-we didn't mean to, Nightshade," the king stammered. "We just..." "...forgot you," finished the queen meekly.
"FORGOT ME?" Nightshade screamed, so fiercely the flames in the fireplace went out.
"Well, you won't forgot this!" She flicked her cloak and marched up to the cradle.
"Now, my pretty," she purred, lifting a golden curl with a bony finger, "what shall I wish for you?"
Everyone in the palace held their breath. Silent tears ran down the queen's face.
Nightshade leaned into the cradle and snarled, "On your sixteenth birthday, you will prick your finger on a spinning wheel and...DIE!"
"No!" cried the queen. But Nightshade cackled gleefully and disappeared with a deafening bang.
"I still have my wish," said Jasmine softly. "I can't undo that wicked spell, but I can try to change it."
"You will prick your finger, little Rose," Jasmine began, "but you won't die. You and everyone else in the castle will fall into a deep sleep."

Today I read Sleeping Beauty, a book in the Usborne Young Reading series.
It written by Kate Knighton.

I like this story very much!
I think that encounter of Rose and the prince is great.
Please read it!

コメント